Spend 10 days adventuring through Morocco. Located in northern Africa and a stone’s throw away from Europe, Morocco is an incredible country with plenty to appeal to every kind of traveller.
Wander through bustling souks, mountains of spices scenting the air. Explore ancient ruins that have stood for millennia. Enjoy the tranquillity of the desert or the picturesque blues and greens of the ocean. Soothe your cares away in a hammam.
- Hammam experience at a local spa
- 2 nights in the Sahara Dessert
- Moroccan cooking class
Our Marvellous Morocco trip combines the coast and inland of Casablanca, Fes, the Atlas Mountains, and Marrakech.
Welcome to Casablanca, or “Casa” as it is often referred to, is the largest city in Morocco.
Upon arrival, you will check in to your hotel and rest before our welcome dinner.
- Group Welcome Dinner
You have a whole day to spend exploring Casablance! Wander through the New Medina or Habous Quarter to see a maze of charming alleyways and handicraft shops from conical towers of spices in every colour.
- Guided tour of Casablanca
- See: Morocco Mall, Beach Ain Diab Corniche, Old Medina, Habous neighbourhood, and The Hassan II Mosque – The second largest functioning mosque in Africa and is the 7th largest in the world.
You’ll travel to the beautiful small town of Chefchaouen. Known for its blue-washed walls enclosed by mountains.
The medina is a delight of Moroccan and Andalucian influence with red-tiled roofs, bright-blue buildings, and narrow lanes converging on busy Plaza Uta el-Hammam and its restored kasbah (citadel). Peruse the nearby souks (markets) or enjoy a meal at one of the restaurants before heading to the Grand Mosque and Kasbah. You’ll transfer from Chefchaouen to your accommodation in Fes.
- Guided tour of Chefchaouen
- Cooking class
Today you’ll drive up to the Marinid Tombs, where you can enjoy a lovely panorama of the old city. On the hillside below, you may see leather drying in the sun. Then make your way into the bustling medina and enjoy navigating Fes’ charming streets. Relax at your riad for dinner.
- See Africa’s oldest University: The Kairaouine
- Jnan Sbil Gardens (Bou Jeloud)
- Take in the Smells of the Tanneries
Day #5- #6
Continue your journey south with a stop in the Atlas Mountains where you will start to see the early signs of the Sahara sand dunes. You will spend 2-nights glamping in the Sahara Desert.
During your stay, you will visit the ancient ruins of Ait Ben Haddou (UNESCO World Heritage Site)- a historic ksar famous for its earthen clay architecture, try sand boarding, experience the grandeur of the Todra Gorge, and eat dinner under the stars of the Sahara Dunes.
This picturesque destination was featured in countless films and TV series including The Mummy, Gladiator, Alexander, and Game of Thrones.
Day #7 – #9
Leave Aït Benhaddou behind to begin the ascent over the High Atlas mountains. Spot Mount Toubkal, the mountain range’s highest peak, at 13,671 feet (4,167 m). Near the top, stretch your legs for a great panoramic view of the mountains.
You’ll continue on the drive to Marrakech – known for its luxe riads, ornate doors, and sumptuous spice markets. You will check into your riad and get to explore this amazing city.
- Guided tour of Marrakech
- See: Jamâa El-Fna Square, Majorelle Gardens, Yves Saint Laurent Museum, El Badîi Palace El Koutoubia Mosque and The Menara Basin.
Enjoy your last morning in Marrakech before meeting your driver for a transfer to Casablanca Mohammed V Airport (CMN), where you’ll connect with your onward flight.
Book Your Space
Trip Dates: 30 September – 9 October 2023 | There are only 6 Spots Available (female).
- Return flights from JNB to Casablanca
- 2 nights in a mid-range hotel in Casablanca, twin room sharing.
- 2 nights in a mid-range hotel in Fes, twin room sharing.
- 2 nights in a mid-range hotel in the Middle Atlas, twin room sharing.
- 3 nights in a mid-range riad in Marrakech, twin room sharing.
- Domestic transfers
What’s NOT Included?
- Visa (Read: How to get a Moroccan Visa with a South African Passport)
- Travel Insurance
How to Book?
- Total Trip Cost: +- USD 2000 | R32 500
- Deposit: R6500 to secure your space
- Balance: R26 000 needed by 30 Jul 2023.
Terms and Conditions
- Enquiries: email@example.com
- The booking fee is non-refundable.
- Payment plans are available.
- Private rooms are available upon request. (Additional fee)